A stay at a Barrington Illinois bed and breakfast will help show you why Barrington is a “great place to live, work and play.”
When looking for Barrington, IL hotels, consider staying at one of our inviting bed and breakfasts, for a warm atmosphere and truly relaxing stay.
Owners of a Barrington inn will greet you with a smile and a ready room. Not to mention a great breakfast to prepare you for a full day in our community.
Barrington is the site of the final shootout between Babyface Nelson and FBI agents, known as the “Battle of Barrington.” It is here that Babyface Nelson died, along with three FBI agents: Special Agent W. Carter Baum, Special Agent Herman Hollis, and Inspector Samuel P. Cowley. A plaque at Barrington’s Langendorf Park commemorates these heroic men.
Ten other historic sites are featured in a self-guided walking tour of Barrington. Each bears a plaque providing a brief summary of the historical significance. This tour happens to begin at McGonigal’s Pub, pass by several places of franchise, and ends at the Ice House Mall and Village Shops, so you can plan an entire afternoon around this very informational tour!
Barrington also hosts several special events throughout the year:
- Concours d'Elegance is the annual auto celebration of the world’s finest and most rare classic vehicles.
- Barrington Brew Fest features Midwest microbrewers and local entertainment.
- The Great Taste Fest of Barrington is a food festival, which showcases fares from local restaurants.
- Art In The Barn occurs at the end of September. Here, fine art is exhibited and sold, and live entertainment is provided. Proceeds from this event go to Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital.
- October brings the annual Scarecrow Festival, with entertainment and activities for kids. Locally sponsored scarecrows are judged and awarded prizes.
- November’s Luminary Night lights up the village. Sponsored by local merchants, this event is a beautiful sight to behold.
- December brings lights, carriage rides, caroling by the Madrigal Singers, the town’s tree lighting, and extended shopping hours to the downtown area.
Barrington’s Illinois Bed and Breakfast Association member inns invite you to visit our "great place to live, work and play."
The following is a list of Bed and Breakfast Inns that meet your search criteria.
203 Dundee Ave.
Barrington, IL 60010
847-381-0203 Inside city limits.
15 Lake View Place
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
847-438-6797 Distance 5 miles
314 Washington St.
Algonquin, IL 60102
847-854-9667 Distance 5 miles
264 Oakland Drive
Highland Park, IL 60035
847-433-3140 Distance 20 miles
1239 N. Greenview Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642-3318
773-235-1408 Distance 35 miles
6702 Yale Bridge Road
Rockton, IL 61072
815-629-9999 Distance 74 miles