407 E. 12th St.
Alton, IL 62002-7230
618-474-9100 | 1-866-The-BEALL (1-866-843-2325)
Voted "Best Illinois Bed and Breakfast"-Illinois Magazine Readers Poll
Welcome to the Award Winning BEALL MANSION An Elegant Bed and Breakfast Inn. Conveniently located on the Heartland Rivers Wine Trail in historic Alton, Illinois—only 25 minutes from the St. Louis Gateway Arch.
Each beautifully appointed guest room features:
- Private Bathroom with imported Marble Floor
- Whirlpool for 2 or Clawfoot Tub
- Hair Dryer
- Fireplace (king rooms)
- Free Wi-Fi
- HDTV (including On-Demand, movie & music channels)
- Alarm clock Radio
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Hardwood Floors & Hand Sewn Oriental Rugs
Let us pamper you with:
- Turn Down Service on arrival
- Plush BEALL MANSION Robes
- Bath Amenities including our own artisan Lavender Bath Salts
- 24 Hour "All You Can Eat" Chocolate Buffet
- 24 Hour Hot Beverage Service
Includes your choice of Breakfast Plan:
- Self Serve Continental Breakfast in the Butler's Pantry, or
- freshly prepared, hot, Gourmet Breakfast served either in the Formal Dining Room ($39 per room per day) or Breakfast in Bed (room service $5 and a 20% gratuity & service fee).
Make Your Stay Even More Special . . .
In Room Massage, Ladies Spa, Romance, Golf, Amtrak, Winter Eagle Watching, and other Packages are available.
Life Usually Doesn't Give You Choices . . .
The BEALL MANSION does
The BEALL MANSION does
For elegant accommodations without the extra amenities, discounted Web Rate "No Frills", Extended Stay, and corporate plans are available. Please visit beallmansion.com for more information.
Awards & Accolades
- Voted "Best Illinois Bed and Breakfast" —Illinois Magazine Readers Poll
- "Top 30 Midwest Bed and Breakfast" —Midwest Living
- "Best St. Louis Bed and Breakfast" —RFT Riverfront Times Best of St. Louis Award
- "Top 25 Romantic Getaway" —BBW Magazine
- "Better than the Plaza in New York" —Daily Journal
- "USA Top 100 Gold Inn & B&B" Award Winning Property
The BEALL MANSION also makes the perfect venue for weddings, wedding receptions, and corporate retreats.
Come experience the mystique & romance of one of the finest St. Louis area lodging properties.
Location, Location, Location!
Location is everything. The BEALL MANSION is conveniently located 12 blocks from the Mississippi River. Distance in minutes to Alton, Illinois from the following major cities and attractions:
- 5 - St. Louis, MO, St. Charles County, MO, Godfrey Illinois, Hartford Illinois, Wood River Illinois
- 15 - Elsah Illinois, Principia College, Bethalto Illinois, ALN Alton St. Louis Regional Airport
- 20 - Edwardsville Illinois, SIUE Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Grafton Illinois, Pere Marquette Lodge & Pere Marquette State Park
- 25 - St. Louis Gateway Arch and downtown St. Louis Missouri (MO), STL Lambert St. Louis International Airport
- 90 - Springfield Illinois
- 4 1/2 hours - Chicago Illinois
- 5 hours - Kansas City MO, Kansas City KS, Memphis TN, & Indianapolis IN
- 6 1/2 hours - Des Moines IA & Little Rock AR
George Street Suites
For spacious Greater St. Louis Alton, IL Guest House, Extended Stay, Corporate Temporary Housing, Vacation Home accommodations please visit our sister property George Street Suites.
Payment methods accepted: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club
Rooms with Private Baths: 5
Rooms with Shared Baths: 0
Price Range: $99.00 - $358.00
Open Since: 1998
Dates Closed: Open 365 days a year.
Winter Sports: Winter eagle watching.
Site Seeing: Along the Meeting of the Great Rivers National Scenic Byway voted "One of the 7 Wonders of Illinois".
Water Sports: Boating and floating. Boat, wave runner, canoe, and kayack rental, parasailing nearby.
Miscellaneous: Did we mention the 24 hour "all you can eat" chocolate buffet?
Daredevil Sports: Grafton Zipline, Captain Andy's Parasailing.
Other Sports: Hiking, biking, tennis, pool, bowling.
Out on the Town: Nightlife abounds. Minutes from Alton hotspots including the famous (or infamous) Fast Eddie's Bon Air, Bossanova Martini Lounge, Chez Marilyn's, and Ragin Cajun Dueling Piano Bar to name but a few.
Out in Nature: See the American Bald Eagle, Black Tip Pelican, Deer, Beaver, Otter and Hawk all in their natural habitat. Close to Two Rivers National Wildlife Refuge, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary, and Pere Marquette State Park (Illinois' largest state park.)
Rides Tours: Winter ealge watching tours, Segway tours, underground railroad tours, Landmarks Association annual historic homes tour.
Memberships: PAII Professional Association of Innkeepers International, IBBA Illinois Bed & Breakfast Association Inspected & Approved, St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, Alton Mainstreet Association
- Full Breakfast
- Continental Breakfast
- Corporate Rate
- Discount Specials Available
- Gift Shop
- In Room TV/DVD
- In Room Fireplace
- In Room Jetted Tub
- Robes Available
- Patio / Deck
- Massage Available
- Video Library
- Heartland Rivers Wine Trail
- Sam Vadalabene Bike Trail
- Small Town
- In Suburbs
- In Wine Country
FREE Winery Package