Mississippi Valley Wine Trail
The Mississippi Valley Wine Trail borders the western most region of Illinois along the Mississippi River. Make plans to visit the five family-owned and operated wineries in this area when you stay at one of our member bed and breakfasts.
Each winery has its own distinct story originating from 1857 to 2012, and you will discover delectable, hand-crafted flavors at all locations with extraordinary settings including bluff views, serene lakes, and outdoor wonderlands.
- Baxter’s Vineyards & Winery – This is Illinois’ oldest winery dating back to 1857. You can find Baxter’s Vineyards & Winery in historic Nauvoo, not far from the Great River Road. Baxter’s provides self-guided tours, a large gift shop, and a full bar on the premises.
- Lake Hill Winery – This winery was established in 2012 and sits on 63 acres near Carthage Lake. The property includes a wedding gazebo, bridge, vineyard views, tasting room bar, and two large banquet halls.
- Spirit Knob Winery – This winery sits on the bluffs viewing the Mississippi River Valley near the vineyard. Spirit Knob Winery specializes in estate wines produced with French-American hybrids and fruit vines.
- Village Vineyard Winery – This winery is off the beaten path where you can discover twenty wine varieties and relax on the patio overlooking the vineyard. The winery includes a large banquet room and a full-menu restaurant.
- Hopewell Winery – This winery is located atop rolling hills in Pike County and offers many dry and sweet wines, including a peach wine made from Calhoun County peaches. The winery is perfect for a day getaway or a special event.